From the Chapter President
Greetings to all of our PMI SWVA Chapter Members,
It is hard to believe we are already in October! What a year of change this has been for our chapter. If you are an active member, we hope you are continuing to see positive changes that are bringing value to you.
Your board and their committees have put in hundreds of our hours into some great initiatives. I have summarized the items below to put it in perspective.
- Implemented automated PDU reporting
- All chapter meeting and special event presentations are now available on our website to members
- Continuing website enhancements: all outdated information has been replaced with current information. This includes the job board and volunteer spotlight
- New chapter signage purchased
- New sponsorship program implemented: 3 corporate sponsors for 2013 to date
- Monthly newsletters implemented
- New member packet implemented
- New speaker gifts purchased
- 2 new venues for chapter meetings and special events
- Partnered with two local universities: Hollins University and Liberty University
- PMI SWVA email addresses implemented for all board members
- Summer PDD Event at Hollins University - followed by cookout
- First Professional Network Event in Roanoke held in June at Blue5 - Free event
- Second Professional Networking Event in Lynchburg in August at Charleys - Free Event
- First Day of Service - Hollins University
- Financial institution change: cost savings for our chapter
- Implemented Basecamp: collaboration tool for the Board
- Approved $3,000 grant for Franklin County teachers to take CAPM exam prep class at VWCC. Worked with VWCC to make this a re-certification class.
- Implemented new chapter refund policy
- Centralized inventory
- Sold Out Fall Symposium
Please join us on December 3rd for a special event celebrating our 10 year anniversary! Details will be available on the website soon.
I cannot express how extremely proud I am of what my fellow leaders are doing for our members. It is a privilege working alongside such dedicated individuals. Our mission is “Fostering a community of Project Management excellence in Southwest Virginia”, and this is exactly what we continue to do. I would also like to say thank you, to all of you, who support our chapter. It is your support that keeps us growing.
2013 PMI SWVA Chapter President