A little about the history of the Southwest Virginia Chapter...
We like to call Southwest Virginia home. We are proud of our region and its many outstanding communities and organizations, as well as its abundant cultural and recreational opportunities. We love working and living here.
As professional project managers, we were frustrated that the nearest chapters of PMI were in:
- Central Virginia (Richmond)
- Washington, DC
- Metrolina (Charlotte)
- North Carolina's Piedmont Triad
In 2003, we reached full chapter status. As of January 2013, our chapter is over 250 members strong and more than 50% PMP certified.
Geographically, our chapter primarily serves the area of Virginia located south and west of a line drawn from Covington to Lexington to Lynchburg, and on to Danville. This includes the metro areas of Roanoke, Blacksburg, Lynchburg, and Danville. This area is home to a wide variety of organizations serving many diverse industries and needs.
We are proud members of PMI's Region 5 which includes:
- Hampton Roads Virginia
- North Carolina Piedmont Triad
- Central Virginia
- North Carolina
- Baltimore, MD
- Southern Maryland
- South West Virginia
- Montgomery County, MD
- Kentucky Bluegrass
Mission and Objectives
Mission: Fostering a community of Project Management excellence in Southwest Virginia.
- To help bring world-class Project Management knowledge, skills and resources our organizations and our region
- To promote individual, organizational, and regional growth through professional development, training and education, certification, networking, cross-industry information sharing, best practices, partnerships, and workforce development.
We have a number of exciting plans in the works:
What We Need
To grow and serve, we need
- •Your ideas
- •Your skills and knowledge
- •Your commitment to join PMI and the Southwest Virginia Chapter
We look forward to meeting you soon.